It is important for companies of all sizes to have an effective cybersecurity plan in place. Larger companies typically have a designated team member for this. A Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is a senior-level member of a security team and is responsible for maintaining a company’s security position. Any company that does not have a dedicated CISO should consider CISO as a Service as a way to mimic the benefits of a senior-level security member. A CISO as a Service will work to build and maintain an efficient cyber security program to safeguard sensitive data.
How to Protect the Company using CISO as a Service
CISO as a Service is a customized security solution based on your business structure, what you’re marketing, and what you offer to your customers. The business needs to determine how the CISO will position cyber security to help navigate in the constant world of cyber-warfare. Many companies do not budget for cybersecurity and hope they are never the company breached. That’s why it is crucial to get up to date cyber security practices and principles put in place with the help of CISO as a Service.
The role of a CISO as a Service professional involves helping the existing team to manage the company’s cyber security program. In some companies, there may be an appointed individual to whom manages the task of cyber security. This individual might be inundated with other responsibilities that they aren’t able to devote the necessary time to individually maintain the cyber security program. Another scenario may be that the individuals assigned to the task could use some assistance to validate that the business is fully secure against cybercrime. A little or complete help from CISO as a Service goes a long way and can move your cyber security protection to the next level.
Chameleon Consulting Advisory’s CISO as a Service involves:
· Understanding the business environment and offering customized cyber security plans
· Working with key personnel within the organization to put together an excellent cyber security program
· Providing a great customer experience and safeguarding customer data
· Providing reports and ongoing cyber security monitoring
Chameleon Consulting Advisory’s CISO as a Service can include:
· A cyber security risk assessment
· Cyber security strategy for the long term
· A cyber security plan and program
· A governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) program
· Managing internal personnel and third-party risk management
· Cyber awareness training programs